The Anglican Charitable Foundation for Children (ACFC)
The following are the guidelines for assistance as required by the Board of Trustees.
- The maximum allowable annual income for assistance is $40,000.00.
- The assistance is for clothing and footwear
- Application can be made once per twelve month period.
- The amounts for clothing/footwear is as follows:
19+ Based on individual circumstances
Bursaries will be in the amount of $300.00 per semester. They will be given only to those students who carry a minimum load of 4 subjects.
- Applicants must be no older than 25 years of age and must be completing their first degree.
- Bursaries will not be given for 2nd degree programs and to second career persons
- Applicants will be required to include confirmation of current course registration and a copy of marks for the last completed semester.
- No more than two bursaries will be granted in any twelve month period.
- It is necessary to complete separate applications for each Bursary, with the appropriate documentation as before.
- Bursaries will not be granted where the family income exceeds $40,000.00 per year.
In determining "family income" income from an applicant's parents or guardians will NOT be considered where the applicant is:
- Not living with a parent or guardian and has been in the labor force for two years or has been out of high school for four years.
- Married and supporting a spouse and/or children
- Not married but supporting a child or children.
- Living in a common-law relationship and supporting a spouse and/or children.
Other Types of Assistance
- Medical: For a child requiring hospitalization or transportation to receive treatment, an amount of up to $1000.00 annually per child.
- Emergency Assistance: Fire or any other Emergency: For a family with a child, up to $1,000. 00.
- Reimbursement to Clergy for Emergency Assistance: Up to $100.00 per family annually. (This reimbursement is available only for assistance provided to families where children are involved).
- Special Circumstances: A discretionary allowance of up to $1000.00 annually for Anglican children who have special needs as demonstrated to the Board of Trustees. (For example, the need for a wheelchair)
- Camps: Payment of registration fee as set by the camp. Please note the applicants have to be per child and not as a group as the income may vary from child to child.
During the year, the ACFC assists approximately 600 Anglican families throughout the whole of the three Newfoundland Dioceses.
Clothing 600 children
Camp 109 children
Education Bursaries 40 young adults
Special (Medical etc.) 20 children