Vocation is always about Purpose and Ministry
This vocations conference is for anyone who is interested in exploring how to connect and live out our faith in our day-to-day lives.
- Why am I here?
- Is there a purpose for my Life?
- What should I do with my Life?
- Am I being Called into Ordained Ministry?
- What does it mean to have a ministry in the Church other than in Holy Orders?
We will explore the understanding that Vocation is about living and purpose, and not just Holy Orders. Everyone has a vocation, and this is an opportunity for you to explore your own.
During this weekend we will:
- explore how we can live out our vocations as ordained and as lay people;
- what it means to prepare and live your vocation in whatever form it takes.
Together we will consider how the diocese can journey with us and support us as we live out our vocations. Our weekend will include some presentations and talks followed by quiet reflection time and small group conversations. All that we do will be surrounded in prayer and worship.
Who Should Come?
Any person of any age who has any question about what you have just read. Our Conference will also be very
attentive to young people, and will provide sound common sense advice about deciding on a career that will reinforce things they are learning from guidance counselors, parents and teachers. It is also a great item for a resume!