each day calls us to new heights, new experiences and new revelations of God and God’s purpose for us
We come together to learn,
to reach out to each others in support, and
to share our blessings and our commitment to ministry.
The Anglican Church Women (ACW) is a fellowship of all women in the Anglican Church of Canada and all others who agree with, and support, the purpose of the association.
We are members of the National Board of ACW in Canada. In the Diocese of Central Newfoundland we are part of the Ecclesiastical Province of Canada which is comprised of the Dioceses of Central Newfoundland, Western Newfoundland, Eastern Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia and P.E.I., Fredericton, Quebec, and Montreal.
Our beginning - September 18, 1969
The inauguration of the Anglican Church Women in the Diocese of Central Newfoundland
There is a plaque commemorating the event at Holy Trinity Church, Grand Falls-Windsor
Diocesan Executive 2019 – 2022
The total number of ACW Primary Branches in the Diocese of Central Newfoundland is now 49. Due to aging population and out migration, some of the smaller branches have had to close. However some of them still help out in the neighbouring parish.
The ACW Constitution can be found in the Diocesan Handbook. Click here for copy of the Constitution for reading / download. That document sets out our structure, objectives, roles and responsibilities as well as the regulations under which we operate.
Aims and Objectives
- To give women in the diocese the opportunity to unite in worship, learning and offering;
- To offer support in common interests and leadership;
- To be a forum and voice for women’s ministry in the diocese;
- To give members a chance to share faith and fellowship; and,
- To provide opportunity for participation of women in Parish, Diocese and National Church programs.
- Diocesan Council which provides general direction and leadership;
- District Branch (regional group of Primary Branches) which promotes programs and gathering relevant to education, learning and sharing of ideas;
- Primary Branch (the basic organizational unit of the Anglican Church) which fulfils the aims and objectives of the ACW within the congregation and parish.